Private Event Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Once Upon a Creation (hereinafter known as “OUAC”) requires a down payment as specified on the Contract Summary page to secure a studio rental.
- The entire balance is due thirty (30) calendar days in advance of the above-named event. Any monies that remain unpaid in the 2 weeks prior to the event must be paid in cash, certified funds, or by credit card. No personal checks will be accepted within that 2 week time frame.
- Any and all checks written to OUAC that are returned unpaid are subject to a fee equal to the maximum allowable by law, as well as any reasonable related expenses such as attorney’s fees and court costs.
- OUAC management reserves the right to cancel any contract for failure to meet financial obligations and their due dates as set forth in said contract.
Damage / Miscellaneous Expense Deposit
- A Damage/Misc. deposit in the amount specified on the Contract Summary page is due 30 days prior to the event. This amount is determined by numerous factors including package chosen and/or type of function.
- The Damage/Misc. deposit is in addition to the cost of the rental and/or catering.
- OUAC’s management will determine the amount of Damage/Misc. deposit required.
- As the host of an event, the client (hereinafter “you”, “client”, or “renter”), agrees to be responsible for any and all damages caused by your guest(s) independent contractors, caterers, their employees or servants, and any other agents, for any time relative to the above-referenced function or as a result of your function. Your liability for damages is not in any way limited to the amount of your Damage/Misc. deposit.
- If there are damages or excessive cleanup, the amount of the deposit to be forfeited is at the sole discretion of OUAC’s management.
- Excessive food ground into the floor, drink spills on walls, or decorating with glitter will result in clean-up charges.
- You also agree that the premises rented to you are to be left in a neat and orderly condition, free from debris, at the conclusion of your event.
- Clean up and removal of equipment and property not owned or furnished by OUAC must be completed by the end of the Breakdown period. Additional charges will be assessed for overtime and excessive clean up, or for disposal of large objects you left behind.
- If there is no charge against the Damage/Misc. deposit, it will be fully refunded to you by mail within fourteen (14) calendar days following your event, or you may make an appointment to pick up a check.
- You as the renter are responsible for all financial obligations pertaining to this contract. This includes any and all fees related to the collection of all charges in this contract, as well as any additional charges incurred after this contract is signed, and/or the day of your event.
- Any additional fees not included in the contract and assessed prior to your event will be placed in writing, and payable in cash, certified funds, or by credit card two (2) weeks prior to your event.
- Unforeseeable charges resulting from your event will also be your responsibility including, but not limited to bounced checks and recovery fees, court costs and Attorney’s fee where applicable to collect this and any related debt incurred by you for your event.
Room Setup Diagram
- You and a staff member of OUAC will meet at least two (2) weeks prior to your event to detail your event, at that time a diagram (including setup) will be agreed upon and signed off by you. If you do not attend this meeting, we will set the room as we see fit.
- Your contract will designate a table runner color of your choice. You may change this color up to two (2) weeks prior to your event. After that time, no changes in the table runner color can be made. If you have not chosen the runner color at that time, we will choose a color for you.
- Once your event has been set up per your approved plan 2 weeks prior to your event, any changes or additions will result in a minimum of fifty dollar ($50.00) re-set fee. We are not able to accommodate any setup changes on the day of your event.
Guest Count Policy
- You, as host of your event, agree that your guest count will not exceed the “Total Guests” number stated on the Contract Summary page.
- (Self Catered) Up to 2 weeks prior to your event, if you want to increase your total guest count, we will attempt to accommodate your needs.
- We do not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your increased count. Factors, including staffing and fire code limits, affect our ability to accommodate your increased count.
- If more attendees than expected arrive the day of your event, we will accommodate them if possible and deduct $15 per person from your Damage/Misc. deposit. If more attendees arrive than we can accommodate (maximum capacity for entire facility is 50), we will not allow them to enter.
- The host of a large event (max 50 people) must provide invitations to guests that indicate the number of guests allowed per invitation. The host must provide a sample of the invitation to OUAC at the detail meeting.
- OUAC has the right to immediately terminate your event if guest count exceeds safe limits for fire code reasons.
- If, for any reason, you cancel your event reservation, all monies paid toward the rental will be non-refundable and all amounts not paid will still be due. You also agree to pay for any costs to collect unpaid amounts. A change of booking date and/or time is also considered a cancellation.
- EXCEPTION: If your booking can be resold with an event of comparable profitability and quality as determined at OUAC’s sole discretion, a four hundred fifty dollar and 00/00 ($450.00) cancellation fee will apply. The balance will be refunded to you when final payment is received for the rebooking.
Setup, Guests Arrive, Guests Depart, and Breakdown Time
- Your Contract Summary page designates specific times for setup and breakdown. All deliveries (cake, food, drinks, music, florists, decorations, etc.) must be completed during the set-up time only. Cleanup and removal of all equipment/and or property not owned or furnished by OUAC must be completed by the end of the designated breakdown time. No equipment/property may be left behind without prior written permission by OUAC.
- No guests other than those helping with setup may arrive prior to the Guests Arrive time designated on the Contract Summary.
- If you require additional Setup time over and above the Setup time stated on the Contract Summary, you will be charged Fifty Dollars ($50.00) per hour, with a minimum of one hour charged. The arrangements must be made in writing at least 1 week prior to your event.
- If you arrive earlier than your contracted Setup time without making prior written arrangements with OUAC, you will be charged One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) per hour, with a minimum of one hour charged.
- OUAC does not guarantee that additional Setup time will be available for purchase.
- All guests other than those helping with breakdown must depart by the Guests Depart time as designated on the Contract Summary. In addition, any music being played must be shut off at the designated Guests Depart time. If the band or DJ does not accommodate our request to turn off their music, we reserve the right to disconnect their power.
- Charges for event overtime beyond your contracted breakdown time are assessed at a rate of $150.00 per hour against your Damage/Misc. deposit. However, these charges are in no way limited to the amount of your Damage/Misc. deposit.
- OUAC staff may still be completing our set up work during your allotted set up time.
Catering Arranged by OUAC
- Your initial contract value will be based on a minimum number of guests, and your final guest-count may not drop below 90% of that number.
- You must give us your guaranteed number of guests and final menus 7 days prior to your function. You may increase your guest-count up to 3 days prior to your event. Decreases in guest-count will not be accepted after the 7-day guarantee.
- Your bill will reflect your guaranteed guest-count or the actual number in attendance, whichever is greater, unless the difference between meals served and total guest count has been agreed to in the contract.
- Sales tax of 7.0% will apply to all catering.
- We leave a buffet open for no more than two hours for food quality and safety reasons. You and your guests are not allowed to take leftover temperature-controlled food.
- Self-Catering means that you may cater your own event or provide an outside caterer of your choice for a $25 fee. This will include 2 6’ rectangle tables with black linens.
- OUAC does not have a commercial kitchen. Under no circumstances may food be prepared on-site. Food must be prepared off-site and transported to OUAC. Food and/or beverages may only be warmed or kept cold in our kitchen.
- If you choose the Self-Catering option, you or your caterer must provide ALL of the serving equipment, dinnerware, etc. needed for your event.
- If you wish to rent serving equipment or dinnerware from OUAC, the rental must be arranged prior to the event and be included on your event contract.
- You and your caterer are not guaranteed exclusive use of the kitchen unless put in writing in your contract.
- If you chose an outside caterer, OUAC must be notified of your choice.
- Outside caterers are provided with an on-site kitchen facility, a refrigerator, microwave capabilities and a sink.
- Your caterer is required to perform any cleaning necessary to return the kitchen to a neat and orderly state. They have to remove their trash and place it in the trash bins outside the facility. If your caterer does not adequately clean the kitchen, cleanup charges will be taken from your damage deposit.
- All other equipment located in the kitchen is the property of OUAC. Prior written authorization must be given by OUAC to use ANY items in the kitchen not listed above. Please ask your caterer to provide you with a list of all items included in your contract with them (plates, cups, etc. as well as staff). OUAC is not responsible for loss or damage to any equipment or items brought in for us in our facility.
- You agree to close the buffet table and remove all food from it at the time designated on the Contract Summary.
- You are responsible for the actions of your caterer. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless OUAC for any actions of your caterer and/or results of the food served/provided.
- Financial or other responsibility is in no way limited to your deposit.
- OUAC does not have a liquor license. Liquor license laws prohibit you or your guests from bringing in any hard liquor beverages for consumption by you or your guests. You may bring in wine and beer for consumption by you or your guest. For any hard liquor requirement, OUAC must hire a licensed and insured bartending service at $50/hr. In compliance with Florida liquor laws, no liquor may be served to any guest under the age of twenty-one (21).
- OUAC has sole discretion on what constitutes an alcoholic beverage.
- Any alcohol found on our premises not provided by OUAC will be confiscated. Guests may not take ANY alcoholic beverage outside for consumption.
- You may not charge your guests for any alcoholic beverage while using your rental space at OUAC nor may you charge an admittance fee which would entitle your guests to alcoholic beverages.
- Liquor will cease being served ½ hour before the end of your rental period. Additionally, OUAC, at its management’s sole discretion, reserves the right to not serve alcohol at any time before or during an event.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless OUAC for any act, event, violation, damage, injury or circumstance, etc. (whether on the premise, the premise, and whether before, during or after your event) resulting from the serving and / or consumption of alcohol at your event.
- OUAC will notify you of any change in the status of its license.
- OUAC has the right to immediately terminate an event and/or keep your entire damage deposit if any outside alcohol is found on our premises.
Changes to Contract
- Any changes to this contract by either party will not be considered binding or agreed to unless the changes are in writing and signed off by both parties or the entire contract has been reprinted and resigned.
- This agreement is subject to termination without liability if circumstances beyond the control of either party such as acts of God, Nature, war, government regulations, disaster, civil unrest, strikes (except those involving the employees or agents of the party seeking protection from this clause) make it impossible or illegal to use our facility.
- The ability to cancel an event due to impossibility without liability is conditioned on delivery of notice in writing to the other party as soon as practical describing the reason for terminating the agreement, no longer than 10 days after learning of the basis for termination.
- You, the Renter, agree to indemnify and hold harmless OUAC, agents, employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, penalties, fines, liabilities, settlements, damages, costs and/or expenses of any kind, including legal fees, expenses for expert witnesses and consultants, arising from or in any way connected with any injury, death, or property damage incurred by OUAC, agents, employees, while you and your guests are using our facility under the terms of this agreement, unless the claims are based on the intentional or grossly negligent acts or omissions of OUAC.
Policies Applying to The Host, The Guests, and Entertainers
- Children (anyone under 18 years old) must be properly supervised at all times while at OUAC. Absolutely NO running/playing in the hallways, restroom(s), or in the front entry/foyers is allowed. Children must stay in the primary event room or additional cleanup charges will be taken from the Damage/Misc. deposit.
- Children (anyone under 18 years old) are not allowed to use the seating areas in the foyer.
- Children are not allowed to leave and then return to the facility unless supervised by an adult. Be advised that the main entrance/lobby doors automatically close and lock at 8pm EST and cannot be opened from the outside.
- Children are not allowed in the kitchen.
- OUAC has the right to immediately terminate the event if the above rules are not adhered to.
- Your Contract Summary designates the room you have rented. You and your guests should not be in or pass through any rooms not rented by you
- Any additional cleanup resulting from your guests using or passing through rooms NOT rented by you will be charged to your Damage/Misc. deposit ($100 minimum charge). The charges may exceed your damage deposit balance.
- You and your guests must remain in the room you have rented for the duration of your event. Guests cannot spend time in the hallways for fire code reasons.
- No décor or signage for your event may be left in the hallway outside the room you have rented for the duration of your event.
- DJs, taped music, “boom boxes”, and live bands are allowed at OUAC.
- Reasonable sound levels must be maintained at all times, and sound levels will be at the discretion of OUAC’s management. If the band or DJ will not comply with our request to reduce their sound level, we reserve the right to disconnect their power.
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, glitter, confetti balloons and crazy string are NOT permitted for use at OUAC in either the interior or exterior space.
- No signs, or anything else, may be attached to any walls by any means.
- Lightweight, flexible banners or signs may be hung from the ceiling, but only by OUAC’s staff. We must be notified prior to the day of your event if you wish us to hang banners or signs. Limit of two banners/signs without incurring additional fees ($5 per banner thereafter)
- Nothing that is a hard object may be hung from the ceiling.
- Votive, tea light and “dripless” candles are the only types of candles permitted for any use in any interior area of OUAC.
- No items may be attached to the Lighting at any time. Financial responsibility for damage to the Lighting is in no way limited to your damage deposit.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in any inside area of OUAC, including the kitchen, restroom(s) and interior entrance areas.
- There is no smoking allowed within fifteen (15) feet of the front entrance.
- Please inform your guests of this policy.
- Absolutely no pyrotechnics or fireworks of any type are allowed at OUAC. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of your event forfeiture of your entire damage deposit, and prosecution.
- All items delivered to or removed from OUAC must be loaded in and out of the side doors. The area between OUAC and the parking lot is a fire lane, and your vehicle may be ticketed and towed.
- No animals other than service animals are permitted at OUAC.
- OUAC is not responsible for ANY lost, misplaced, damaged, or stolen items.
- Still photography, audio taping and/or videotaping of events is for the private use of the event host and/or hostess and guests only. No videotaping, audiotape or still photograph taken within the premises of OUAC at any event may be reproduced for commercial use without prior written approval from OUAC’s management.
- You acknowledge that you and your guests are being recorded by a digital video recording system. The recordings may be used to determine responsibility for any damages or to assist in criminal matters. The recordings will not be used for any other purposes.